There has been a change to the kit standards issued by the army. The main changes are to the Waterproof Jacket. The instructions now state the jacket should have
- A securely attached wired/stiffened hood.
- Water resistant zips and/or double storm flaps.
- A dry waterproof map-sized secure pocket.
- Hood, waist and lower hem adjustments to enhance protection, and
- Be a little too large – not only can the walker ‘grow into it’ but the extra size allows room for layers and longer sleeves offer added hand protection
The other update is to the sleep bag which must be certified under EN 23537 or EN 13537 with a Lower Limit of -2C or less and must be stowed in a waterproof bag.