(Tick them off as you pack them)
The quality of items expected on days hikes is lower than that expected on the weekend hikes, if buying new kit ensure it means the standards laid out in the Ten Tors Equipment so it can be used for all the training.
- Daysack – Big enough to carry the below, around 35 litres should be fine.
- Walking Boots
- Walking socks
- Waterproof jacket & trousers – available for loan
- Walking trousers – lightweight cotton trousers or jogging bottoms (no jeans)
- Base layer or tee shirt – a wicking layer or cotton t-shirt, must cover shoulders
- Long sleeve shirt – long sleeve rugby shirt or thin jumper
- Fleece, Soft Shell or warm pullover
- Warm headgear – should cover head and ears
- Gloves – full fingered and waterproof if possible
- Change of clothes – to be carried whilst you’re walking, in a waterproof bag
- Packed lunch – more substantial than what you’d take to school
- Water bottle – approx 1 litre, must not be disposable thin plastic bottle
- Survival rations – high energy snacks
- Personal First Aid kit – blister pack, antiseptic wipes/handwash, insect repellent, sun cream, pain relief tablets, personal medication, if inhaler used then you will require 2, spare bootlaces and toilet paper.
- Compass/Map case (if you have your own)
- Head Torch
- Pencil and Paper
To leave in the van
(For use when we finish walking, must be labeled with your name)
- Another change of clothes – including warm jumper/jacket (you may have to sit around and wait for other teams!)
- Plastic bag for your muddy boots
- Pair of trainers/shoes to wear on the journey back in the van – at the end of the hike you will not be allowed to enter the minibus in your muddy boots/clothes
- Towel to dry yourself with – sometimes it is that wet!
- Some snacks and a drink – but DON’T leave any rubbish in the van!
- Turn up for each hike in the gear you intend to walk in (including your CLEAN boots if you wish). Remember we will check that you have all the equipment before we start.