All the information in regards to payments is contained in the handout you were given at the start of the season. If you’ve lost this drop us an email and we’ll send you a new pack.
Cheques should be made payable to “Cabot District Scout Council”.
- Sort Code: 30-98-97
- Account number: 61421960
- Reference: TT “Scouts name”
Payments should be returned to the address provided in the handout. If you’ve lost this drop us an email and we’ll send you a new pack.
Why are there 3 stage payments?
- Firstly this hopefully makes it easier for you to afford.
- Secondly, it enables your child to withdraw before the 2nd or 3rd payment is due. We appreciate that this activity is not for everyone. Perhaps the day hikes are a sufficient enough taster to determine that Ten Tors is not for them. Equally, there is a marked difference between day hikes and walking over two consecutive days.
Do I get my money back if my child drops out?
No. That is the purpose of the stage payments. We would always be sympathetic in the event of a long-term illness. However missing one hike through illness, or not wishing to continue to say after the first overnight hike would not attract a refund.
Where does my money go?
- Our main item of expenditure is transport. In addition, there is the cost of camping fees, hall hire, event entry fees, items of equipment and costs at the event in May.
- All adults are volunteers – there are no paid personnel.
- We work to a break-even budget but even so the District help us to defray the true cost by subsidising some expenses.
I am unable to complete a Gift Aid form. Do I need to pay more?
No. When we prepare the budget we take into account that the majority of adults will use the Gift Aid scheme. If they did not then costs would be significantly higher. However, we also recognise that not all parents are able to do so but it would be un-equitable to then charge them more.
I completed a Gift Aid Form last year – do I need to complete another this year?
Yes, please. Whilst we know that some organisations use wording which allows Gift Aid to be carried across from the tax year in which it is signed into future tax years however we tailored our Gift Aid Form so that it applies only to the tax year in which it was completed. Our systems are all manual and this simple procedure enables us to keep separate records for each year without the need to check for changes of address or other details.
The overall expense is just too much. Can anything be done?
The aim of Scouting is to promote participation, not to exclude people for economic reasons. Please approach the Treasurer in confidence and we will see what assistance we can give.